Here in this blog we will include the latest information about the services and the help that the Blaby District Council will be offering during this difficult time. Further updates will be regularly posted in the following page: https://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council/coronavirus/
- Residents with an urgent need should contact the Council by phone or email. For non-essential enquiries please visit the website for service information instead.
- Protecting vulnerable residents is one of the Council’s priorities. If you are isolating and need support, please fill the form embedded in the website. Simultaneously, if you would like to volunteer, register your interest using the other form.
- Services like physical activity programmes, bulky item collections and Leisure Centres are suspended.
- Refuse and recycling collections are continuing as normal.
- Parks -except for the play areas and play equipment- remain open.
- Buses and Trains are running a reduced service until further notice.
- The Urgent Care Centre based at Enderby Leisure Centre is open. However, DO NOT go to the centre if you have Coronavirus symptoms.
To support UK businesses in this unprecedented time, the Council has developed some resources and guidance. For example:
- Financial support to UK employers with PAYE scheme to continue paying part of their employee’s salary.
- Ability to contact an adviser who will support each business in regards to Coronavirus and the impact that it may have in them.
- Access to online business resilience support.