NOTICE: the 2nd Annual General Meeting of East Midlands Sexual Health (Formerly LASS) will be held on 24th March 2021 from 7.30 – 8.30 pm. Due to Covid19 lockdown restrictions the meeting will be held online by Zoom. The following link provides an open access point for any EMSH (formerly LASS) members to join through: .https://zoom.us/j/96623831644?pwd=ZVJRVnZ0OXE4bGJvcGYyblIwUEZOdz09
The AGM will conduct the following business:
- Welcome and Introductions. Alistair Turk (Chair)
- Minutes of Previous Meeting. To be agreed and matters arising.
- Annual Accounts: To receive and consider the accounts for the year ended 2020 and the reports of the charity trustees and auditors.
- Retention of Auditors: To consider retention of Celerica Ltd: Registered No. 06851953 (England), First Floor, The Old Chapel, 9 Kempson Road, Leicester, LE2 8AN ,to the role of EMSH auditors for 2021/22 and toauthorise the charity trustees to set the level of the auditors’ fees.
- Motions on proposed changes to the charity’s governing document and governance model. Due to the changing circumstances of EMSH and changes in the external environment including the evolving nature of the HIV epidemic and emerging needs in the East Midlands area, the Trustees are proposing a number of changes to the scope of what the charity focuses on (objects) and the governance model used by EMSH. The changes to the ‘objects’ are a continuation of the work started through rebranding LASS as EMSH. The proposed changes to the governance structure reflect ongoing difficulties in member recruitment and engagement.
- Motion 01/2021: Changes to the objects of the charity. That the membership approves adoption of the following amended ‘objects’ for the charity, based on those originally outlined in the LASS Constitution 2016, and expanded and updated to incorporate the following text: The object of the CIO is to advance sexual and reproductive health for the public benefit, in particular, but not exclusively by: raising awareness, providing education, support, information, advice and advocacy for people living with, affected by and at risk of HIV and sexual and reproductive ill-health across the East Midlands;
- Motion 02/2021: Changing the governance model from that of an association (membership) led CIO, to that of a foundation CIO and subsequent revisions to the constitution. That the membership approves a move from the use of the ‘association’ model of governance- that includes voting members other than the charity trustees, to adoption of the ‘foundation’ model of governance whereby EMSH’s only voting members would be the charity trustees; and to approve adoption of an amended constitution (draft attached in appendix)
- Members proposed resolutions. Details will be given once proposed resolutions are received. Proposed resolutions should be sent to the CEO by noon 14 days prior to the date of the meeting. A revised agenda will be issued by 7 days prior to the meeting.
- Any other business. To deal with any matters raised at the meeting.
By order of the Board of charity trustees: 8th January 2021H
Alastair Hudson CEO
AGM East Midlands Sexual Health
Date: 24th March 2021
Location: online via Zoom using the above open link: https://zoom.us/j/96623831644?pwd=ZVJRVnZ0OXE4bGJvcGYyblIwUEZOdz09